Monday, May 13, 2013

Adventure Based 2013


The ORL program at Feather River College is an educational experience that many can do and learn from. This Spring 2013 semester we had some adventures in the group setting that I will remember for the rest of my life. This semester was my second semester of ORL program, Adventure Based Recreation class. This class brings willing students into the outdoor environment, and gives the knowledge that they would need to be comfortable in the wilderness, but also gives students the knowledge that is necessary to lead others into the backcountry comfortably.

Learning how to be comfortable in the backcountry is something that cannot be understated, and the ORL program does an excellent job of educating the students about this. In my experience there is always something new that can be learned in the backcountry, no matter how experienced something new can always be learned.

I have learned many things within kayaking, climbing, and backpacking that I will use for the rest of my adventures. These things are very intricate when you pick apart the different parts, and it is awesome that I have had some of the best teachers to help me understand all the parts of all these activities. Thank you all for a great semester.

No comments: