Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Picking Up






















This is the point in the season when things start to pick up quite considerably, the training becomes harder and lots more races packed into small amounts of time. I have been down in southern California for the first part of this year, the racing down here has been good, the riding not so enjoyable. I am quite ready to get back to sane amounts of traffic on the roads, I will be finishing out this week in southern California then next tuesday the team will be traveling for a 2-3 week trip to Arizona and New Mexico, where we will be doing the Vuelta a Bisbee, and Tour of the Gila. These two races are big races on the calendar and events that I have been looking forward too for a while now.





















I have had some ups and downs in the past few weeks, and sometimes motivation is hard to come by, but as the classics season has gone on it has given me much motivation towards cycling and now realizing that the tour of the Gila is just the start of things here for me. My main focuses for the year are to come much later, this is when I intend to get the better results so as I have had a slow start to the season this trip is a bit of a turning point and things are about to get crazy and exciting.

There is only one thing that I can do, that is ride my bike! everything else will fall into place.

1 comment:

Palerider said...

Hey Colby, I've been sharing your adventures in racing with several avid cyclists here at the department of educ. Very awesome!!! Keep up the good work.