Thursday, May 20, 2010

HOME!!!!












Tour of the Gila went well, although I suffered a knee injury from using another bike for the TT. The first few stages went ok tho, I enjoyed the racing and enjoyed my time there, although I could not finish. The best part about Gila was the fact that we where the main spectacle of the town, to me it seemed like the people wanted us there, as compared to cyclist just being in the way. Silver City is a very cool town, maybe sometime I can spend some time there and venture around to see everything the area has to offer.

After Tour of the Gila, it is good to return home. Being in Norcal again has just cleared my mind I don't have to deal with traffic and people, and it is some good time to relax and get in some good training. This past Sun I did the Crit at the Tour of California before the stage finnish in Sacramento, this was a great experience and a good tune up race before the journey up to Portland OR for the Mt. Hood cycling classic. Unfortunately I was brought down with 3 laps to go in the race, so another pack finish was chalked up, but that is bike racing.

I'm looking forward to spending some more time at home before I have to head off on more travel, which doesn't look like it will slow down in the near future. Next stop Portland, OR for the Mt. Hood Cycling Classic, hope to see some there and will let other know of my progress.
Ciao

No comments: