Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Cascade Cycling Classic























Hello everyone,
It has been a while since I have put up a post about my travels, most recently we traveled up to the Cascade Cycling Classic in Bend, OR. The trip was a blast, this would be the the last major trip with the team for the season, and it already started off interesting. As the team arrived to pick me up in Red Bluff, CA they thought they had room for me! Cool, good start. Well turns out that they did have room for me, and we made it up to Bend after all.

In bend we stayed with a very gracious host in Sun River, it was a bit interesting on getting rides to the start of races as we hijacked Bosco's van sorry bro, thanks for letting us use it all weekend man. Cascade is a very hard race as most of us had figured out quite rapidly, the quote of the trip came from our best placed rider Dave Santos "why do people do this?" good question my man.

My tour started off rather bumpy, with a crash in the prologue I was then at the bottom of the GC, and a rather hilly stage the next day put me even further down. I however did my work for the team and was not so bad in the end. I am looking forward to the Cascade Cycling Classic for next year, and would like to thank all those involved in this years edition.

No comments: