Monday, July 27, 2009

FELTRE

The trip was interesting to say the least, when I got to Brussels Midi/Zuid I found out the europass is not really worth anything so I had to pay full price for a ticket from Brussels to paris, and then agin from paris to Geneve, but the rest of the trip was covered. I am very glad that I decided not to go to the tour de france stage the next day because paris Nord station was enough of a crowd for me I could not imagine what TDF would have been. Paris to Geneve was a good trip however it was all rolling hills and was not that spectacular, but what was about to come was sheer beauty. I would say that the train ride from Geneve to milan was the best train ride that i have ever taken in my life, but it was so much more. It was like I was on a magic carpet, dramatic views all over the place, cool little towns, and passing into italy people started speaking italian and it was a truly an amazing experience.















Milan to Padova was interesting, not much to see because it got dark soon after we left the milan station, upon arriving in Padova our train was late 30 min so I missed the last train to Feltre. I was in for a long night in the Padova station. I fell asleep for a second at about midnight, and then woke up at 1 to a police man kicking my foot, he told me I have to go outside because the station is closing until 4am so I moved outside where there was no possibility of sleep because of the drug dealer and other shady people walking around. In the morning I was going to catch the 6:00 train to Feltre but it was actually the 6:50 train because they decided not to run the 6:00 train. I could hardly enjoy the view on my way there because i was so tired from the night, so I got about 2 hours of sleep on the train. When I arrived at Feltre I was asleep and the guy next to me woke me up, so in a panic I got off the train and forgot the camera. I went to the train station window and asked if the camera could be put on the return train and the guy had to see if the train
conductor could find it, so I went on my first tour
of Feltre.




















I knew that my family had been waiting for me last night so I felt really bad when I didn't show up, so I walked up to the shops that they own in Feltre to see if any would be open it was a chance in hell because it was sunday. when none of them where I went back to the train station to see if they had found the camera, when the stationer gave me the thumbs up I was realived because all the picture from my trip where on it. After I got the camera, I started to walk back to the center of town with the intent of taking as much pictures as I could, I only got about 500 meters when a truck pulled up next to me, it was Anna and Christian. I had arrived, and found my family, it was more than I could have asked for.

No comments: